Sunday, May 5, 2013

April Project Life and an Inspired Layout

I caught up on April for Project Life at a crop yesterday. Here are the pages...



A pink layout for Spring


Left side and details






I made sure the Open House invite and church pictures matched up


Right side and details



I saw this quote on Facebook and thought it was hilarious!!

The bottom


And now, for an inspired layout I am quite pround of. But first, a little explanation. I have seen Smash pages where people smash about their favorite TV shows. Iowajewel even has collage kits in her shop for this purpose. So I decided to do a page in my PL about my favorite TV show. But not a page about the show in general, but about an episode. THE episode. Since it affected me so deeply. I wrote down quotes and typed them up, then found pictures on Google images and printed them. The final result was this....


The details


I am so thrilled with how this came out. And a little story about the background paper.... yesterday was National Scrapbooking Day and as they do every year, Scrapbooks Etc in Topeka had a big sale. 20% off everything in the store plus the forst 50 people in the door got a free goodie bag. It consisted of a lasercut embellishment and scrapbook papers. I did not like all of the papers, though. My friend, Jackie, of Stamping Sister, also went and we were at a crop together. She did not like all of her papers, either. So we kept what we wanted and then offered each other a pick of what we didn't. One of the papers she had was the periodic table of elements. At first I told her i did not need that, but while asking our other friends at the crop if they wanted any of the papers INSPIRATION struck and I was like "I CAN TOTALLY USE THAT PAPER!!!!!" Originally I was going to use a red background, but this was even better(you know, because Reid and Maeve are Smarties) and I really like the way it turned out.

And here is a preview of May...


Can you believe it is may already??

Oh, and I have a new post over at Little Veggie HERE about my goals or the Healthy Vegan Summer Challenge.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I need to try washi tape on the cards in my album. I love the look.

iowajewel said...

love your pages, at first i thought maybe you were visiting Boston! and boy was i surprised by the links to my blog and shop! wow - Robyn thank you so much!!!!!!!!!! that was so sweet of you! and i think it is great that made your pages about a certain episode - you have really got me wanting to watch that show!! i have seen some of them but not a lot. wonderful ideas!!!1 xoxoxo julie