Thursday, May 2, 2013

Going Back

I have probably mentioned before that I have been contemplating another visit to California this summer. After last year's epic trip I did not expect to go back that soon, but in March I received a Save the Date notice for a family reunion of sorts and that got me wanting to visit again. I was still thinking about it when my BFF, Bonnie, texted me the other night to tell me that New Kids on the Block would be in concert the weekend I was thinking about coming out.

Now, I was never a die hard fan or anything, but I did love their music and the thought of going to a reunion concert with my BFF was just the kick I needed to finally make a decision! So I booked a train trip!! (It was cheaper than flying) I will just be gone a week, in California for just 5 days. The concert and my family reunion are on the same day, both in the OC so that day is planned, but the rest is still open. I have made a few suggestions to Bonnie. One thing I must do is go to the beach. Another is visit my parents' graves. I would also like to visit my hometown. The suggestions I made were Knott's Berry Farm, Disneyland, Universal Studios, Getty Museum, LA Zoo. She texted me back that the Getty would be fun. Obviously we cannot do it all, lol.

This will probably be the last trip I make to California solo. It seems like I go several years without visiting, then go a couple years (or months!) in a row.

Where would you like to go this summer?

1 comment:

iowajewel said...

i want to go to Cali too! i have never been! have fun!!!