Wednesday, June 12, 2013

False Hope and It Sucks To Be Stupid

I absolutely hate it when I am stupid and this morning was the pinnacle of stupidity. It will NEVER happen again.

Sooo, a couple days ago I discovered that I need to get a new military ID ASAP. My husband has to go with me to get a new one. Wednesday is his only day off. So I had to go today.

I planned it so perfectly. We left early, got there 20 minutes before they opened, were first and I would have time to get to work on time. Even if we didn't have an appointment it shouldn't take too long to wait given we were first.

What I did not take into account is that I have NEVER had a good or easy experience at the ID card office and given any chance, Fort Riley will ALWAYS ALWAYS find a way to screw me.

Their system was down. Of course. Here comes the stupid part -- I waited there nearly 3 HOURS before coming to my senses and realizing I had just wasted 3 hours of my life. The system was not coming back up. I do not know why I was so delusional to think that it would. Of course it wouldn't. This is Fort Riley. The army's dirty little secret. The place where corruption, worthlessness, uselessness, crappy decisions, crappy equipment, just plain crap all around resides.

I am so ashamed of myself for being duped and lulled into a sense of false hope that everything would work out and I would walk out of their with an ID. I didn't. What brought me to my senses was the annoying kids sitting behind me (I sat for 2 1/2 hours with it being completely peaceful in that waiting room), that if the system did come up they would take all the appointments first, and when the guy at the desk told someone on the phone the system may not be up at all today.

Really? They could not have said that earlier???? I could have not realized that??

But this is what happens. Fort Riley screws me, time passes, I forget what a crap hole it is, I go back, it seduces me into thinking everything is better and I am smart and on top of things and then it screws me again.

Well, this was the absolute last time. I will not allow myself to be taken in again like that ever again. I will never expect anything but the absolute worst from that place, especially the ID card office. There is a reason it is in the basement of a building -- it is just that much closer to hell. Except it was cold in there today.

I will never allow myself to wait that long for ANYTHING on Fort POC (use your imagination) or anywhere ever again. I have better things to do with my time. I DO NOT wait on them or on their time....they will wait for me on MY time. I do not even wait for my computer to load if it is slow -- I walk away and come back when it decides to start working right.

If it was not for the gym and the pool and Commissary and bowling alley I would never set foot on Fort POC again. And even though I like those places, make no mistake....I know that every single one of them at some time or another will let me down as well. It is inevitable and just a matter of time. I no longer harbor any delusions of positivity about that place.

I refuse to ever be that stupid again.

1 comment:

Fuzzy Tales said...

Not stupid, just eternally optimistic.

Sorry you had such a lousy experience (apparently again).

BTW, my personal hell WOULD be cold...endless, freezing, miserable winter. :-)