Monday, July 29, 2013

Train Trip West Part 5 -- Hello California!!!

My reintroduction to my home state was less than stellar. I woke up to a loudish person getting on the train to sit behind me. In the dim lighting she was having trouble finding her seat.

I thought we were still in Arizona, leaving Kingman, too.

The lady had not bought her ticket yet so she was buying it on the train, which involved more talking. I took another pill (either another PM or a Xanax). A little while later the lady made a phone call, lous, and told the person in Victorville, where she was going, that she had just gotten on the train in Needles and it was 2 1/2 hours behind.

What?????????????????????

Then I went back to sleep. I woke up and it was light out and I thought we were approaching Barstow. Nope. We had passed Barstow (I slept right through it!!) We were almost to Victorville!!



As you can see, it was overcast.

After Victorville we went through the Cajon Pass in the mountains. It is much less scary on the train than driving it!!


Then we were in the San Bernadino valley and paralleling a freeway!!


My seat mate got off at the San Bernadino station and I got out to stretch my legs. it was a very short stop and it was sprinkling


Then it was off to Fullerton in Orange County! (If my mom were still alive and picking me up, this is where I would have gotten off)


Next up is my stop at the end of the line :)

No comments: