Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Train Trip West Part 6 -- Travel Companion and Train Stuff

I brought along a little friend on my trip west -- Flashlight Paw!!! He made an excellent travel companion because...

1. He fit easily into my bag
2. he doubled as a neck pillow and arm rest cushion

I think he enjoyed the trip out lol


He liked California so much (well, Bonnie's apartment) that he decided to hide when I was packing and did not come back with me!! He got sent home in a box through the mail lol)

The train itself was pretty cool. I have showed you pictures previously, but here are some other little things...

The bathrooms on this train were retro orange. You can't tell in the picture, but they really enhanced my arm tan!!

My first seat mate put my ticket up for me. It says where you are going so they know when to tell you to leave lol


1 comment:

Fuzzy Tales said...

I used to love train travel when I was a child. Have only done day trips as an adult, i.e. a couple of hours on the train to my destination and then home later in the day.

When I was a kid, though, we'd travel from Gaspe to Montreal and usually get a roomette. It's very pricey to travel via the train here in Canada, though, and travel times are quite limited in a lot of areas.

If I were retired and had the time, though, a trip across Canada via train might be nice!