Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Freedom Walk 2013

I have enough posts about what I was doing on 9/11 so today I thought I would post photos from today's Freedom Walk at school. My husband was able to join me, too, since he had the day off.





Our awesome prinicipal

4th graders holding the flag

Guest speaker. he talked about how 9/11 started out as a normal Tuesday, but did not end normal. He also said that we are still feeling the effects of that day and that it happened because 19 indoviduals chose to bring harm and evil upon us.

We walked for 9 minutes and 11 seconds and then had a moment of silence.


I love that our school does this every year :)

1 comment:

betty said...

That is a nice thing to do, Robyn; its good too that we are teaching the young ones to also remember this terrible day in 2001; a lot of them walking I'm sure weren't even born then.

betty