Wednesday, September 25, 2013

This Is Hard

I quit taking my anxiety medication last week and it has been really hard.

Last week I was in a haze with finding out I was pregnant and telling people and buying books.

This week I am lightheaded and starting to get depressed. I feel like I cannot give 100% to my job and at most times ineffectual, although I know that is not true.

I worry about stuff. I worry that I will lose the baby, I worry about finances. My hormones are out of whack and I get angry easily and now I am worried that is going to put a strain on the baby. I am worried that my job will get too stressful and that will cause problems, but I have to work.

I haven't really had any extreme anxiety except for a couple mornings and it is just my heart racing.

I am not sure I want to get back on medication, even if it is safe. I am hoping all these symptoms are just withdrawal. When I have my first exam I will talk to the doctor about my options.

But for now I would just like the light headedness to go away.

3 comments:

betty said...

(((Robyn))). Honestly, call the doctor sooner than later; not sure what they will say, but they might be able to give you some advice to help take care of your anxiety.

betty

Fuzzy Tales said...

Definitely talk to your doctor ASAP. I think it's better to be on meds if you need them than to be a mom-to-be (and then a mom) and be anxious and depressed and unable to cope. You have to weigh the options and decide on the lesser of the evils, IMO.

Also, it's my understanding that quitting cold turkey is not the proper way to do it. :-(

(((Hugs)))

E. Smith said...

Yes, cold turkey brings on many problems. Please reach out to your dr for guidance.