Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Shift and UnFun Stuff

About a week after I found out I was pregnant is when I started feeling nausea. It was kind of random for awhile then was mostly happening in the evening before settling into morning and evening. With the nausea I started having some anxiety and depression. At first I was handling it, but when I woke up one morning with more than usual and having been struggling every morning with not wanting to go to work, but depressed at the thought of staying home, I went to the doctor and got back on medication. It helped with the anxiety at first, but not the depression, but again I was handling it. Then I had the panic attacks which brought with them a new level of depression (hopelessness, extreme sadness). After upping my medication the anxiety was once again under control, but the depression lingered (though not the hopelessness). I did not mind going to work and doing other stuff, but I generally felt blah and did not look forward to anything. I was kind of afraid to get off the computer in the evenings because I did not want to have to deal with my thoughts. I did not want to feel that hopeless feeling I had when I had the panic attacks. I knew it would pass, though, and dealt with it.

Yesterday I felt a shift. I realized that I no longer had that feeling of not looking forward to anything. I felt pretty good actually. I also did not have any nausea yesterday except right after lunch. However, the Zofran finally took care of it! I think a lot of the depression was related to the nausea. BUT today was different again.

This will be a lot of TMI, but this is my documentation of my pregnancy so I will talk about it. This morning I woke up and was ready to take a shower earlier than usual. First I decided to use the toilet. After about 3-4 days of no bowel movements my body decided that this was the time to move those bowels!! However, after that many days of no action this was not an easy task. I literally spent an hour on the toilet (with a few breaks to walk around) to produce a marble size piece of poop. I knew I was giving myself hemorrhoids, too. I called work and told them I would be late because of stomach problems. Then I lied down for about an hour, in pain, but it helped me relax. I went to finally take a shower, but had to use the toilet again. I was more successful this time, but it HURT!!!!!!! After that I was DONE so I took my shower, had some breakfast and went to work. My stomach hurt off and on all day, but not overwhelmingly so. I was also nauseous again, probably because of the stomach problems. Zofran helped minimally.

I did not feel depression, though. Not at anytime today. Even when I was in pain and agony. So I think that that phase has passed. And I am glad.

I have not determined yet if I gave myself hemorrhoids, but I am on the search for a donut seat just in case! And I bought some Colace so I can take care of any lingering constipation. I am also putting a fiber powder in my ginger tea water EVERYDAY.

2 comments:

betty said...

Good idea to increase your fiber, Robyn. I am glad to read that you felt a shift in how you are feeling! I'm sure that is a welcome relief!

betty

GingerV said...

Fiber and more water. Is easy to be dehydrated when having so much nausea - please remember that everything you put in your body the baby gets a dose of. For me the best help for depression is a dose of fresh air. Hugs from Houston.