Friday, October 25, 2013

Holiday Hoping

Since I will be in my 2nd trimester later in November I am HOPING that I will feel up to celebrating the holidays of Thanksgiving and Black Friday.

I do not want to make a whole turkey this year (even though TJ can get a free one at work) so I am thinking just a turkey breast. I can also make stuffing, potatoes, sweet potatoes, a bean dish, gravy, cranberry can mold and will be baking frozen pies! And rolls!!!! But if I do not feel up to making all of that we need to find a restaurant that is open and offers a turkey dinner. I will still bake the pies :)

As for Black Friday....I am really hoping for this one! I am on the fence about going to stores Thursday night as that is not a true Black Friday sale. However, if they have something I want, I may take advantage! This year I am looking for baby stuff and a new down comforter.

Every year I say I am going to attempt going to Topeka and I never do. However, if they have a restaurant that offers turkey dinner on Thursday I would not be opposed to that and then shopping the 8pm sales. Hubby can wait in the car!!

We will see how things progress over the month. Right now I will be lucky if I get some Halloween decorations out this weekend and buy some candy to hand out on Thursday!!

2 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

Gees, just reading this is making me hungry. Our Thanksgiving was a couple of weekends ago, but maybe I ought to celebrate twice. LOL.

betty said...

I was wondering if you were going to "tackle" the Black Friday shopping this year. I remember how well organized you were last year with it.

betty