Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Trials and Blessings

Yesterday was an extremely hard day. It started out with discovering I had lice :( Yes, lice. Guess where I got those from?? Luckily there weren't too many and I caught it early. I stayed home from work to treat them. Since I couldn't use RID or any other chemicals I used Olive Oil. I saturated my hair with it and put on a shower cap. The oil is supposed to suffocate the lice. It seemed by the end that they were either not moving or moving really slow lol. I combed them out with a nit comb and I seem to have gotten them all. I think I got most of the eggs, too. I plan to keep combing my hair everyday and also retreat again if the eggs hatch. But hopefully I get them all out before them or the olive oil killed them. I also reported it to work in case they need to do anything because obviously I got them from there and no one has reported them in their kids. I wish they would do periodic checks like when I was in school. I am going to much more careful about leaning or laying my head on stuff.

I also felt nauseous all day. I remembered my sea bands, but they did not seem to be working. This made me feel a little worried about going to work today.

Because of all this worry and stress, this afternoon I had a really bad panic attack. I felt warm and cold all over and then really sick. My heart was racing and I felt hopeless and wanted to die. I did not think it was ever going to end. The only thing I could take to calm down was Tylenol PM. I can't take Xanax. It did not kick in right away and I got worried. The last time I took it for anxiety it did not work. But after lying in bed with TJ for awhile it slowly started to kick in.

We also called our Bishop to give me a priesthood blessing. That helped beyond measure. I felt so much better after. One of the things he blessed me with was to have an appetite and I was hungry again and able to eat salad! He also asked that I have strength and feel peace. I really feel that things are going to get better. I no longer felt hopeless. I know that if I start feeling like that again that I can turn to God to help and He will make it better.

3 comments:

iowajewel said...

God is truly the best medicine! glad TJ was there with you! hope today is better.

betty said...

Ick on the lice; thankfully we were spared those in the school years with the kids. Good to know olive oil is just as effective as the chemicals to get rid of them.

I have been praying for you/baby Robyn. Psalm 139:13-14 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

I imagine God loving protecting your wee one (and you too of course) and I am also praying you will have joy with this pregnancy, along of course with a healthy baby.

betty

E. Smith said...

I'm glad you were able to find some comfort.