Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Survey

BEFORE CHRISTMAS

Do you send out Christmas cards?
yep

How soon do you start shopping?
Traditionally on Black Friday, but if I see something before that I will buy it.

Do you have a lot of gifts to buy?
Not really

Do you bake cookies?
Yes. Usually I make them from scratch, but this year I am using pre-made and pre-cut dough.

DECORATIONS

Do you put up a Christmas tree?
Yes

If so, is it fake or real?
For the past few years we have been doing both, but this year I just put up my aluminum

Do you like tinsel?
NO. My mom would not let us throw it on, it had to go on piece by piece and look perfect. When I had my own tree I threw it, but it is so messy!!!

Do you use homemade or store-bought ornaments?
Both. Mostly store bought, but I have a few I have made and some my mom and grandma decorated

Do you put Christmas lights outside your house?
usually, but this year we never got around to it. I still need to put out all my light up molds.

Do you put lights on the tree?
Not on the aluminum!!! It will catch on fire. It has a color wheel

How about popcorn and cranberries?
Usually. I haven't gotten to it yet this year. Maybe today

Is there a wreath hanging on your door?
Yes

CHRISTMAS EVE

Do you celebrate it?
I guess. We read the nativity from the bible in Luke and usually open a present

Do you hang up your stocking?
usually, but not this year. they are hanging on the wall in the diningroom. I will start again after my son is born

Have you ever left cookies out for Santa?
When I was a kid

FAVORITE

Christmas Movie?
The Christmas Gift with John Denver

Character from any Christmas Movie?
Rudolph

Christmas Song?
Feliz Navidad


Christmas Memory?
The year all my cousins came and we had a full house and put a large board over our table to make it big enough

Christmas Cookie?
Kolacky's and sugar cookies


THIS OR THAT

Give or Receive?
Give

Ham or Turkey?
If we have dinner or Christmas Eve dinner, Ham. preferably Honey Baked.

Star or Angel?
My mom always had an angel, and if I have more than one tree one of them usually does, but for my aluminum it is a vintage pointy topper lol

White Lights or Colored Lights?
COLORED!!!!!!

Blinking Lights or Still Lights?
Still

Were you Naughty or Nice this year?
Nice

PRESENTS

What do you want for Christmas this year?
To feel the baby kick and some Hickory Farms

When do you open your gifts?
Christmas morning

What’s the best gift you’ve ever gotten?
Funshine Carebear, dollhouse and a teacart

What’s the worst gift you’ve ever gotten?
I can't think of anything that was truly awful or unwanted.

Do you like wrapping gifts?
Not really

RANDOM

Can you name all the reindeer? yes

Have you ever gotten a kiss under the mistletoe?
Yep!

Do you go caroling?
I have only gone twice in my life. Once when I was a kid at a Christmas/birthday party and in high school with the drama club

Do you drive around and look at the Christmas lights?
Yes, that is my favorite tradition!!!

Have you ever had a white Christmas?
yep and will have one this year!!

Who do you celebrate Christmas with?
usually just my husband, but this will be the last year of just the 2 of us :) and we are also going to spend it with our friends.

Have you ever had your picture taken with Santa?
Of course!!!!

What part of Christmas do you look most forward to?
Christmas break from school :) and the lights

3 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

Fun survey! I'm too lazy to do it too. LOL. But did notice it must have originated somewhere warm, since it asked if you've ever had a white Christmas. LOL. Holy schmoley, have we ever, though I prefer a green one. :-P

betty said...

Its always fun to go and look at Christmas lights! Cute meme!

betty

betty said...

Its always fun to go and look at Christmas lights! Cute meme!

betty