Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Reflections on 2013

At the end of 2012 I had a lot of reservations about 2013. I had just had a great year with probate ending, taking an epic trip and buying a house and was not sure 2013 could even match it. I was also worried about the fact that it was a year with "13" in it.

Well, 2013 did have some low points like panic attacks and Criminal Minds breaking my heart, but it was also the year of an epic summer which included seeing one of my most favorite singers in concert for free and up close, a train trip to California, a trip to Branson, Relay for Life and running in 4 5k's!! Plus we threw an awesome 4th of July party with fireworks to rival any local show lol. And just before the summer I went to an awesome scrapbooking retreat.

But the most awesome thing that happened in 2013, was, of course, getting pregnant!! (which, coincidentally, happened in the summer!!). And that is what made 2013 one of the best years ever!!

I seriously can't remember much else. And I know that 2014 will be even better when my son is born!!!!!

How did 2013 treat everyone else? Are you looking forward to 2014?

2 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

I actually don't get into January 1st as the new year--I tend to think of the new year as starting on our birthdays. :-)

And right now I just want the next few months to pass quickly, to get through this lousy winter. LOL.

But...A very happy new year to you all, Robyn. May 2014 exceed your expectations. :-)

betty said...

Sounded like 2013 was a great year, Robyn, and you are right, 2014 will be awesome when you get to meet your wee one face to face!

Happy New Year!

betty