Wednesday, January 8, 2014

20 Weeks

I am at 20 weeks so assuming that I go the full 40 weeks I am halfway there!!! I am still tired, still queasy everyday and having constipation issues (although I am able to go, just not easily. Great practice for pushing when I am in labor!!).

I have been feeling the baby kick, mostly around my belly button.

I had an appointment today. I was hoping it would be an ultrasound because a lot of people have anatomy scans at 20 weeks, but I had mine in Topeka at 15 so my next ultrasound is at my next appointment next month. I did hear the heartbeat, though and it is at 155 per minute. Also, my regular doctor was not there so I saw the nurse/midwife and she was awesome.

I have gained a whopping 8 pounds!! She said that is really good and that between now and delivery I should gain 12 more.

I also started my "Becoming A Mom" class tonight. It is a 6 week free class sponsored by the Delivering Change program in Geary County. Tonight we learned about how to have a healthy pregnancy. I got a ton of brochures plus a toothbrush, toothpaste, floss and newborn diapers and wipes.

I am really starting to feel pregnant now.

1 comment:

betty said...

Sounds like a good visit! That class sounds good too, especially the freebies :)

betty