Sunday, January 12, 2014

Church Changes

We have had a lot of growth in the LDS church in this area in the past 7 1/2 years I have been living here. They built a new chapel building in Wamego(a town about 30-40 minutes away)a few years ago when they grew from a branch to a ward. A new temple was built in Kansas City, MO about 2 years ago and then just last year they added on to our church building. We knew that the next step would be splitting our ward. Not only do we fill up the chapel, but we also fill the overflow area, the cultural hall(gym) and today there were 2 rows set up on the stage on the other end of that!!

We found out last week that the ward would split into a ward and a branch. A branch is smaller and does not have as many leadership positions. The official split starts on the 26th and today we found out the boundaries and where we fall.

Before I tell you about that I wanted to tell you my feelings on where I wanted to go. I had mixed feelings about both. I wanted to stay in the ward because I love our Bishop. I wanted to go to the branch because I have never been in a branch and wanted that experience, plus their start time is 2pm!!

We are going to stay in the ward :) I have heard that the start times may rotate every year and that is cool. We will move our start time from 10am to 9am.

Excited to see the many more changes to come :)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Plus, isn't your ward down the street from you? That's always a plus.