Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Great Apple Battle of 2014: Round One

I am on a quest to find the best tasting apple (because I am pregnant and craving fruit, especially apples). Let the battle begin!!!

Gala


vs. Braeburn


Winner: Braeburn. Though barely. Originally it was Gala, but upon having another 2 Galas (one from Walmart, one from Dillons) they did not taste as good as that first one. It must have been an exceptional Gala (or an interloper lol)

Honey Crisp


vs. Pink Lady


Winner: Pink Lady!!

Braeburn vs. Pink Lady

Winner: Pink Lady!!!!!

Pink Lady advances.

Two apples that will not be competing are Red Delicious and Granny Smith. I already know that I do not like Red Delicious and because it is tart Granny Smith is in a class by itself. I like Granny Smith's but for this contest I am looking for something sweet and tangy.

1 comment:

Fuzzy Tales said...

The only time of year I really love a fresh apple is the fall, first-picked crop, when they're crisp and juicy and a bit tart (depending on the variety). Otherwise, I find that all varieties that end up in our stores are too soft, even when they look good on the outside.