Sunday, June 29, 2014

Thoughts and Pictures



One of these days I am going to write about being a new mom and how it feels and the challenges and rewards. When I can organize my thoughts better.



For now I will tell you...it is hard! But it is so wonderful. I go through highs and lows throughout the day. Sometimes I feel completely inadequate and other times I feel like I am really getting it. I am tired lol.



Right now we are battling gas. It has been a lot of trial and error, but we have found some stuff that works like Gripe Water and the baby swing (ok, that may not be helping with the gas, but it does help Peanut to sleep). We are also having issues getting Peanut to go to sleep in his pack and play when we put him down. Even if he is sleepy, he cries and wants to be held. I would gladly hold him all night, but I cannot bring him into bed with us and sitting in the recliner gets uncomfortable after awhile (I had the same problem during pregnancy). He has to be pretty well konked out to get him to settle in it. Hopefully the swing will help more with that. I do need to get him to that first stage of sleep by holding, though. I like that time, though.



2 comments:

betty said...

He's so cute, Robyn! Welcome to motherhood, LOL, it is all trial and error and right when you think you have it, something happens and you realize you know absolutely nothing about taking care of them. It does get easier and rely on your doctor's nurse to help you with any struggles you might have. My pediatrician's nurse was a Godsend when with my son; I was always calling her with this and that she was so patient with me.

We had colic and many a night for a few hours during his peak colic times my husband would walk him a lot in the house (about 2 hours). I honestly can't remember how we got him to sleep in his crib when he was young; we didn't have him with us. I think we would hold him until he was asleep and then lay him in his crib.

Yes, tired. I remember that. I had a preschooler at the time with a newborn so to keep awake I would eat, not a good thing (gained 50 pounds).

Rest when he rests. The house is okay if it doesn't get cleaned up, etc. These days will pass and he'll get on a schedule and sleep more. So rest when he rests.

betty

Kim said...

I agree with Betty. He's so cute!!!