Sunday, October 12, 2014

Spiritual Sunday -- What I Believe

Often members of the LDS church are asked what we believe. Obviously we believe in God and Jesus Christ (we ARE called The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints). But there is so much more than that. Before the Prophet Joseph Smith died he wrote down the 13 Articles of Faith which summarize our basic beliefs. I will share them with you one by one (not all at one time!) and give my thoughts and testimony.

The first Article of Faith is We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

That is pretty self explanatory. We believe that God and Jesus Christ are 2 separate persons with bodies like us. The Holy Ghost is not a person.

Before I joined the church I was raised Catholic so I have always had a belief in God and Jesus Christ. I know that God answers my prayers. I know that Jesus came to earth to atone for our sins and died so that we may have eternal life. I am grateful and blessed to have God and Jesus in my life.

If you want to learn more go to www.mormon.org

I hope you all have a wonderful week.

3 comments:

betty said...

Thanks for sharing the beliefs like this, Robyn. I too was raised Catholic, but went a different route in my faith. I differ just a bit in what I believe in that there is one God consisting of 3, the Trinity, Father, Son (Jesus), Holy Spirit, distinct, but not separate :)

betty

Kim said...

Thank you, Betty. Robyn and I were talking about this once. I do not believe they are separate either.

Robyn :) said...

I should clarify that we believe that although separate they all work towards the same purpose which is eternal salvation :)

When I was Catholic it was explained to me like this...the trinity is`like a peach...It is one thing but 3 separate parts..skin, fruit, pit......God, Jesus, Holy spirit. I still kind of think of it like that.