Sunday, October 5, 2014

Spiritual Sundays -- I Am a Mormon

I am a Mormon. I am a member of The church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days Saints. I believe in God and his son, Jesus Christ. I believe that Jesus atoned and died for our sins and rose again so that we may have eternal life and salvation. I believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet and under divine guidance he reorganized God's true church on earth. I believe that there is a prophet on earth today who receives divine revelation from Heavenly Father. I believe that the Book of Mormon is true and is another testament of Jesus Christ. I believe that families can be together forever. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I could go on and on :) But instead I am going to try posting on Sundays about my faith and the church and what we believe in, including my own testimony and bits of my conversion story (I may share the whole thing sometime, but it is very long and would take several posts). I may also share other spiritual things that I come across.

I am open to any and all questions and will answer them to the best of my ability and if I cannot I will find someone who can. I am always willing to send a Book of Mormon to anyone who wants one :)

This weekend was our Semi Annual General Conference where the Prophet and leaders of the church speak to us from Salt Lake City. They prepare talks, but are not given a topic. They are just asked to speak and they talk about what they are inspired to talk about. Usually a theme emerges and the theme of this conference seemed to be missionary work and being firm in our faith. I like to watch the conference at home on the computer or the BYU Channel (which I previously did not realize I had!!!!), but always try to attend one session at the church. It is hard for me to just sit and listen for each 2 hour session (there are 4) so I like to be doing something else while watching (like crafts). A fussy baby also makes it hard to hear the whole thing sometimes lol. Luckily they print the talks in our church magazine, the Ensign, the following month so I like to read them in there to really understand them.

If you can't wait for my Sunday postings and want to learn more now you can go to
www.mormon.com or www.lds.org

1 comment:

betty said...

I follow another blog who also mentioned about the conferences this weekend

http://grammysnews.blogspot.com/2014/10/come-join-me-come-listen-and-be.html

glad you have this opportunity to learn more about your faith

betty