Sunday, June 21, 2015

Field Trip of Dreams

for several years now I have wanted to go on the 4th grade field trip to Lake Wilson and Mushroom Rock, but I either was not working in 4th grade the years they went or I was pregnant. This year, though, was my year.

Rest Stop and looking south across I-70


Mrs. C's "secret" fossil site. We were each allowed to take one fossil (I took 2 small ones lol). I missed the snake that we were told we would see (every time). The kids had a blast.


After the fossil hunt we drove back towards the lake through beautiful hills. They were huge!! Do not let anyone tell you Kansas is flat!!


Then we hunted crystals. But we were not allowed to take any. There was this spot and the crystals were everywhere!!! The kids enjoyed digging most of all.


Beautiful house on the prairie


Ellsworth, KS with a very cool park


Our last stop was Mushroom Rock State Park. I had seen pictures of the formations and from the angles of the photos I always thought they were in this huge field with all these formations. Not so. They are in 2 small clearings with trees all around.

Not a very big state park either!!

I want to go back with my husband and son when he is a bit older. It was probably my most favorite field trip ever.

2 comments:

~JarieLyn~ said...

Sounds and looks like a good time was had by all. Too bad you weren't allowed to take any of the crystals.

betty said...

Looked like it was a nice time!

betty