Tuesday, August 11, 2015

PiYo Workouts and Beach Body Shakeology

I have embarked on a new diet and exercise journey that I would like to share with you.

Doesn't that sound overly dramatic???? Don't worry, I will not get preachy or profound, just going to share what I am trying.

A member of the church is a "coach" with Beach Body and was taking PiYo classes on post and decided that she wanted to be a certified Piyo instructor so she did the classes online and attended a workshop. Then she started a class at the church building. For Free!!

I decided to try it since I needed some workout motivation and working out with other people can do that. PiYo is a combination of Pilates and Yoga. The movements can be very fluid and you can make easy modifications if something is too hard to do. Each segment, starting with a warn up, builds up to a power segment and then you come back down to a cool down. I have found that this type of exercise works best for me. I can do it with getting minimally tired and I truly enjoy the movements and the pace. Unfortunately I am going back to work soon and TJ is at AT so I cannot continue working out with the instructor. Even more unfortunately the instructor is moving to Utah next week! However there is a class on post on Saturdays that I plan to check out and a DVD series.

Which brings me to Beach Body and Skakeology. When I asked the instructor about other local classes she told me about the one on post and the DVDs and explained that they were a certain cost, but if you also did the shakes they were at a discount. I thought about it and prayed about it and decided I would like to try the program. I had heard her talk about drinking the shakes and liking them and I have seen other people post about them on Facebook. I was wanting to do something to aid in weight loss and just overall help me get healthier. I have decided to try it for a month to see how I like it. If I do I will become a "coach" which will be a monthly commitment, but also helps me get the products at 25% off. I will share what I think of it and how it is working for me.

1 comment:

betty said...

Good luck with it, Robyn; looking forward to hearing what you think of the Shakeology.

betty