Sunday, August 16, 2015

Spiritual Sunday: And Then Came The Trials

I told you they would!! It was mostly my fault, though.

I forgot to take my Celexa the other night. When I do this one of three things happen...
1. I am okay because it is just one time and can quickly get back on track
2. I get anxiety
3. I get depression

This time I got depression and it was also caused by the fact that my husband has been gone and Jonathon can be a handful and I was tired (although that can also be a symptom). My depression usually manifests in the following ways...
1. I get incredibly tired
2. I get angry easily
3. My body hurts
4. I get really stressed

I forgot to take it Friday night. I had gone to a craft night that evening at a friends house where I spent part of the time chasing after Peanut. so I was already tired. Plus I worked that day.

I was fine Saturday during the day, but I went to a party that evening and Peanut would not stay upstairs with the other kids without crying and then I had to keep chasing him around. That set off everything else. When I got home I was exhausted and stressed and angry at TJ for not being there (he chose to go to AT when he did not have to, was originally told he would come back on the 15th, then they changed it now changed it again). And I hurt everywhere. It was really rough. I woke up feeling the same way. Add to that spending Sacrament Meeting at church in the foyer because Peanut will not sit still or stay by me in the chapel and a difficult nursery day I was just done for when I got home. I cried a lot. And had not so good thoughts.

I prayed a lot during these times and God heard me. I had help in Nursery(in addition to our other fabulous nursery worker) since TJ was not there . God got me to church in the first place!!! I had an offer of help which meant the world to me, but I turned it down. Peanut and I were able to take pretty good naps and after that I felt a lot better. I knew the depression would pass and I would just need to ride it out.

I know more blessings are coming as well as trials and even though there are times that I feel hopeless and stuck I also know God will get me through them. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: