Sunday, August 2, 2015

Spiritual Sunday -- Blessings From My Calling

I talked last week about how my husband and I were called to be nursery leaders. Today I am going to tell you of the blessings that have come since then.

We were asked to accept the calling 2 weeks ago and last week we were sustained and began. In this time wonderful things have been happening. I have had more energy than can ever remember and have been able to work hard every day getting my house cleaned, purged and reorganized without tiring and to feel joy while doing the work. I have been working out faithfully 3 times a week. My mind has been clear and focused. I have felt peace and contentment. Spiritually I have been feeling closer to Heavenly Father and have felt joy and purpose in my scripture study. I have been delighting in being a mother and caring for my son. He has been making new discoveries and achieving new things as well. Work is going well for my husband and there are some new opportunities becoming available to him. It is a season of abundance and blessings for us and I am so grateful.

Now don't get me wrong, there are challenges, too. I had a bad stomachache and spilled a smoothie yesterday, for example. I know that trials will come again. But I know that I will make it through with Heavenly Father's help. I know that the blessings which we are receiving are a result of us willing to serve the Lord through his children as he felt was right. I know that the leaders in our ward were inspired of God to ask us.

Our leaders, by the way, are very supportive of us and have let us know. I am so grateful to have the support as we learn this role. Nursery went very well today. We were under 10 children (just barely) and had less tears. We did play time and then a music teacher came in to sing songs with them. Then we did snack and coloring while I taught a lesson. It did not seem like they were paying attention, but I know in their way they were so I teach the lesson like I have their full attention :) Then we had more play time and I read until their parents picked them up. I like having a structure and schedule. I also have a clear idea of the direction I want our leadership (mine and TJ's) to take and how I want to serve.

I am very grateful for my calling and all the blessings that have come with it. I know my Heavenly Father lives and knows me and I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

1 comment:

betty said...

Seems like such a wonderful ministry to be involved with in the nursery. I always valued my time working there :)

betty