Thursday, September 24, 2015

Forty and Fabulous

Last week I celebrated my fortieth birthday. I was very excited to turn forty and start a new decade of my life (I was happy to turn 30, too). I do not feel old or any of the other insecurities other people seem to face at this milestone.

I had a small party at my house with friends from church 2 days before it. Then on Monday, my actual birthday, I was given a crown and sash to wear at work that said 40. That was really fun!! And my friend brought me a cupcake :) The Friday after my birthday TJ and Peanut took me to Olive Garden for dinner and then we got cupcakes at Billy Vanilly.

Some goals I have for this decade...
Get down to a healthy weight and maintain a regular fitness routine
Build up Savings again and start Peanut's college fund
Possibly have another baby
Make some house improvements
Stay strong in my faith and accept and magnify church callings
Possibly publish something
Act in a play
Run at least a half marathon, possibly a whole one.
Maybe go back to school for another degree either in education, religion or Russian history.

I feel like my life is open to endless possibilities. 40 is the new 20!!!

1 comment:

betty said...

Happy belated birthday!!! Sounded like a fun celebration! Great goals for this new decade!!!

I didn't mind turning 40; my body though thought differently and I did notice more aches and pains, but otherwise, its a fantastic decade!!

betty