Sunday, September 20, 2015

Spiritual Sunday -- Supplementing My Mormon Faith

I am a Mormon. I love it, I live it, I know it!! i enjoy going to church and serving in my callings. I love to read the scriptures and the Ensign magazine and hear the words of the prophet and other church leaders during General Conference. I also like to read LDS books (fiction and non fiction. However, these are not the only sources from which I find inspiration.

I have recently began reading other Christian non-fiction books, which have helped strengthen my faith and relationship with God. I find inspiration in reading others' journeys and beliefs. I learn new ways to strengthen and live my faith.

The first book I read was Balancing it All by Candace Cameron-Bure. I learned that she was not always a Christian and after becoming one she also strayed from that faith for awhile. She also talked about principles that were in line with my Mormon ones (like living your faith and being an example by how you live, not just what you say).

Next I read Reshaping it All also by Candace Cameron-Bure. It talked about a Christian approach to living a healthy lifestyle. I especially liked the recipes she included :).

The most recent book I am reading is What Happens When Women Walk in Faith by Lisa Terkeurst. I just started it, but what I like about this book is she includes bible passages to read which helps to supplement my scripture study (right now my personal choice of study is reading the Book of Mormon).

I look forward to finding more books to inspire me. Anyone have any suggestions?

No comments: