Sunday, June 5, 2016

Spiritual Sunday -- God Answers Prayers

A few weeks ago while I was still working (I am off for the summer) I really wanted to get back into daily scripture study and I wanted to read them in the morning to start my day. The problem was that i have a horrible time getting up in the morning. It is very hard for me. So I prayed that I would be able to get up to study. God listened and for the last 2 weeks of school I was ready to get up early and study before Jon woke up. However, after school got out and I did not have to get up any earlier I was still waking up early to read my scriptures!! I guess it was God's plan all along.

I had another experience where God knew the desires of my heart and answered an unasked prayer. As you may remember, last year TJ and I were called to be Nursery leaders at our church. I did enjoy that calling, but recently it had begun to start feeling like more of a chore, especially when TJ was not there. I would spend Sacrament Meeting dealing with a fussy Jonathon and then go to Nursery and was not getting spiritually fulfilled at all. I did not want to pray to get released because I felt that was wrong, that god wanted me there. So I prayed to be more positive about it, but that didn't work. Finally I just prayed to be happy again at church. I still didn't look forward to going, but I was fine in Nursery, just not the rest of church. But God knew what I really felt and wanted and answered that prayer. I was asked if I was feeling burned out in that calling and I answered truthfully that I was, but if it was God's will that I keep doing it I would. But it was not and we were released. The last two Sundays I have been feeling much more fulfilled and positive about church.

I truly believe in the power of prayer and that God knows each of us and the righteous desires of our hearts.

1 comment:

betty said...

It is always good to see how God answers prayers.

Betty