Sunday, July 10, 2016

Spiritual Sunday -- Bookstore Rebel

About a year ago I read Balancing It All by Candace Cameron Bure and it started my love of books by Christian authors, The Manhattan library has a pretty good collection, but I wanted to start doing some Bible studies I had heard of and decided to start going to Christian bookstores.

It made me feel like such a rebel. Here's why...

First of all, a lot of mainstream Christians do not believe Mormons are Christians even though the name of our church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints so I kind of feel like my religion is the outcast of Christianity and I kind of feel like I am infiltrating the mainstream Christian world when I go into the bookstores.

Second, there are Mormon bookstores with their own books on scripture study and Christian topics and such, but there are non around here. I kind of feel like I am cheating on Mormonism, though.

However, I really have come to love Christian bookstores and the treasures I have found in them.

2 comments:

betty said...

Just look at it as perhaps God is leading you to the books he wants you to read.

betty

Kim said...

I agree with Betty!